The Templar is a unit belonging to The Empire.
The sound of ten thousand feet stomping in unison is the herald of the army of the Overworld — at its front one can see rank upon rank of the stalwart Templar.
Any boy at the age of 16 can choose to enlist in the Templar Academy, training is split between two years in drills and weapons followed by another two with a member of the Church, during the latter those gifted with “the light” learn to harness its power. Upon completion of training they are placed within the Empire army and those fortunate enough to be blessed by Kira are given the esteemed position of Templar.
While they are not particularly fearsome on their own, their seemingly endless ranks will crash upon their opponents in ceaseless waves — overwhelming the opposing forces in their fierce devotion to both the protection of their loved ones and the Empire.
In combat the Templar will stand against even the most fearsome opponent if commanded to by his captain. Their ability to call upon Kira to strike enemies with bursts of holy light in addition to removing unholy energies from himself make the Templar a powerful fighter in skirmishes and large-scale battles.
Attracted by: Edit
- Passive Traits
- Stalwart: When the Templar would be otherwise be knocked out he remains alive and able to fight for a short period of time before falling.
- Active Abilities
- Holy Strike: The Templar strikes the target enemy after a short prayer, dealing additional holy damage.
- Purify: The Templar removes debuffs from himself and regenerates a portion of his total health over a short period of time.
- Absolution (Special): The Templar charges his weapon with divine energy, dealing a large amount of holy damage to the target enemy.
- In the Campaign, the Templar’s shield and tabard will bear the sigil of whichever lord he is aligned with.